There’s nothing better than a good rack of lamb for feeding a crowd at Easter or in the springtime. Today, Rabbit Hill Inn shares their signature recipe for Lamb Rack to inspire your spring feasts.
Lamb Rack with Herbed Dijon Crust and White Truffle Tomato Cream from Rabbit Hill Inn (serves eight)
4-8 bone lamb racks
½ cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup white wine
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbls garlic, minced
¼ cup freshly chopped herbs
3 Tbls white truffle oil
½ cup tomato puree
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup brandy
½ cracker or bread crumbs
1 shallot, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
1) Combine mustard, wine, olive oil, 1 Tbls garlic, herbs, and salt & pepper in bowl and combine with bread crumbs.
2) Salt and pepper lamb racks to taste and sear till browned on eye side of rack
3) Put lamb in roasting pan seared side up and rub with Dijon crust.
4) Roast in 400°F oven for 12 to 25 minutes or till internal temperature reaches 135° F.
For the tomato cream:
1) Combine shallots and 1 Tbls. garlic in sauté pan with enough oil to sweat them.
2) Add brandy to deglaze.
3) Add tomato puree and cream.
4) Salt and pepper to taste.
5) Allow to reduce by half and whisk in truffle oil.
6) Serve warm over roasted lamb racks