There’s an interesting campaign underway sponsored by the B&B industry which might be of interest to everyone in search of romantic New England getaways and New England travel. A sort of “Got Milk” campaign to help travelers discover what today’s inn and B&Bs offer, the Better Way To Stay campaign is determined to show the world that inns and B&Bs are simply the better way to stay. Recently a story about choosing an inn over a B&B appeared on the Better Way To Stay blog which is worth sharing here with DINE guests who share a love of New England luxury travel. If home for the holidays conjures up visions of anxiety rather than sugarplums for you, let us convince you that choosing a DINE inn rather than Mom’s lumpy sofa bed might be a great idea for you. Here’s an excerpt from the Better Way To Stay blog about why inns might be the better choicde this holiday season…
It’s countdown to the holidays and while the family gathering is supposed to be joyful, the anticipation of sleepless nights on the sofabed…or worse yet blow up mattress… is not putting visions of sugarplums in your head. While it takes less energy to smile than frown at family gatherings, sleepless nights in the uncomfortable guest bed – whatever it may be – means you’d better use caution that you don’t fall asleep while roasting chestnuts near the open fire.
No need to lose any more sleep thinking about how to explain the dark circles under your eyes to Mom and the family. There’s surely still plenty of room at the inn nearby. Consider these ten reasons a B&B is the better way to stay this holiday season.
1. Their walls don’t talk: Everyone needs time to process that insensitive comment from the sister-in-law, crazy Aunt Helen’s antics or the re-gifting of the blue scarf you gave your brother last year. Rather than being overheard at Mom’s house, retreat to a quiet B&B where you can rehash all the family fun with your spouse later in the evening.
2. A place for your toothbrush: Pet peeve #21 about staying at Mom’s: no room for the toilet kit. Book a holiday stay at an inn or B&B close to Mom’s and you’ll have a private bath all to yourself. And you don’t even have to put the toilet seat down if you don’t want to!
3. Start the day out right: While you know Mom wants you to get plenty of fiber, her idea of soupy oatmeal is not your idea of the perfect breakfast. Since breakfast is the half the B&B’s name you can count on a delicious and hearty start to your day if you book a stay this holiday season.
4. Greetings with a smile: The holidays can take their toll on Mom and Dad, especially when company is involved. Check into a nearby B&B and you’ll be greeted with a smile from an innkeeper who’s happy to carry your baggage rather than remind you of it.
5. No need to make the bed: You don’t make your bed at home but when you stay at Mom’s it’s not only a requirement it has to be done to her specs. Leave the bed making to your innkeeper, and spend your holiday making holiday pies not beds.
To read the rest of the top reasons to choose an inn over Mom’s house this holiday season, go to http://www.betterwaytostay.com/blog/ and remember, this holiday season, make a New England Distinctive Inn your refuge.