Last week we introduced some of the themed packages offered by the 11 Distinctive Inns of New England, focusing on romantic getaways and weekend retreats. Because we all know the way to your loved ones’ heart is through their stomach, we’ll focus on some of the fabulous culinary vacations and wonderful foodie experiences at DINE Inns.
Wine and Dine in Coastal Connecticut
Come discover Coastal CT’s Vineyards along the Connecticut Wine Trail, dine at your choice of local restaurants and sleep in total comfort at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina. Visit our favorite winery or stay longer and explore other fine wineries along the Connecticut Wine Trail. The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina’s Wine & Dine Package is packed with value and includes:
- A 2-night stay at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina
- Breakfast each morning overlooking our marina on the Niantic River
- $50 dining certificate to your choice of three local restaurants
- A gift bag with wine glasses and certificate for a wine tour & tasting at Jonathan Edwards Winery
- Complimentary bottle of wine during your wine tour
- A visit to nearby Divine Wine Emporium which offers wines for sampling, a lesson in selection and a complimentary gift.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages throughout your stay)
- Lodging Tax included in overall costs.
The package price from $425 – $860 per couple is based on choice of room and date.
Take me to Italy!
Not only will you enjoy Italian food, you’ll be in the company of innkeepers who’ve relocated from Italy when you enjoy the Camden Maine Stay’s Italian Culinary Getaway. Surround yourself with the beauty of coastal Maine in Camden where “the mountains meet the sea”. Then end your day in one of the most popular restaurants in town, 40 Paper Italian Bistro & Bar where you will enjoy a full à la carte dinner. When you return back to the inn you’ll be surrounded by artworks and antiques from Italy, and if you ask nicely, perhaps Roberta or Claudio will teach you a few choice Italian phrases!
The Camden Maine Stay Italian Culinary Getaway package includes:
- 2 nights lodging with full gourmet breakfast
- A four course à la carte dinner for two at 40 Paper Italian Bistro & Bar. The dinner will include: Appetizer, a Flatbread Pizza to share, Main course with a Pasta dish and Dessert. You will also be offered a 20% off any bottles of wine
- Beverages and gratuities are not included.
Package price (per couple) varies based upon date of arrival and room choice from $345 to $615.
Make mine Mediterranean or Mexican
The Gateways Inn Weekend Culinary Experiences offer a tasting trip to a different international destination each weekend. Head to Lenox, then take a culinary tour of a different country each weekend at the Gateways Inn & Restaurant. Your culinary experience begins on Friday with a meet and greet social hour at 6pm. followed by a group dinner with wine in the restaurant. On Saturday morning enjoy our full European style breakfast, then don your aprons and roll up your sleeves to start chopping, slicing and dicing as you prepare the first of two themed meals of the weekend. There will be a short refreshment break during this session and when you are done, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor for a gourmet lunch. The next culinary adventure will begin in the afternoon with dinner menu preparation. Here again there will be a short refreshment break during instruction before you sit together with other classmates at 7:30 to enjoy the gourmet dinner you helped prepare, accompanied by wine. Sunday will be bittersweet with departure at 11:00 after a farewell breakfast.
Included in the Weekend Culinary Experience package is:
· Meet and greet social and group dinner on Friday
· Hands on cooking instruction with The Gateways Restaurant Chef and Sous Chef
· Refreshment breaks during morning and afternoon cooking sessions
· Group lunch featuring items prepared during morning session
· Group dinner featuring items prepared during afternoon session
· Souvenir apron
· Notebook with recipes
· Wines with dinners
March 21-23; Mediterranean/Mid-Eastern
April 25-27; Mexican
This package is $350 per person for full participation in addition to room charges and taxes; $150 per person for participation in meals only (Plus room and taxes).
Visit the Specials and Packages page on www.DistinctiveInns.com and you’ll find packages listed not only by theme but by inn. You can search by your interest in outdoor fun or romantic getaways, for example, or search the packages for each DINE members easily from this page. We look forward to welcoming all foodies and fun-seekers for a package or stay at any of the 11 DINE inns soon.