January is resolution month. And the Distinctive Inns of New England (DINE) have solutions for your resolutions. We’re willing to bet that at least one of your resolutions has to do with more travel, more adventure or perhaps more romance. These are the kinds of resolutions that are fun to keep, so if they’re not already on your list, be sure to add them. When it comes to bucket list vacations filled with romance, adventure or both, DINE inns have you covered. From Vermont or New Hampshire ski vacations to Connecticut or Cape Cod beach escapes and New England romantic getaways, you can pair your adventure with one of the DINE inns and have the ideal getaway.
- Strolling hand in hand along the beaches of Niantic, CT then returning to the Inn At Harbor Hill Marina for your harbor-view, fireplaced room.
- Explore the eclectic shops in Marblehead, Mass then head back to Harbor Light Inn for a hot toddy in the tavern or a fireside chat in the parlor.
- Take a winter walk on any of Cape Cod’s beaches, or watch the boats come and go from the fish pier, then return back to the Captain’s House Inn for a lovely afternoon tea.
- Take a winter walk on the beach in Kennebunkport then return to the Captain Jefferds Inn for the lovely innkeepers reception before going out on the town.
For skiing, snowshoeing or winter hiking vacations, try one of these
- Enjoy some time on the trails of Gunstock Ski Area, then head back to the Manor On Golden Pond for some fireside fine dining. You’ll have earned that fabulous meal.
- Visit nearby Bretton Woods Ski Resort skiing, XC skiing or snowshoeing or even a try at winter ziplining canopy tours, then return to the Rabbit Hill Inn for a warm brandy in the Snooty Fox Pub, afternoon tea and a puzzle in front of a roaring fire in the parlor or a quiet fireside dinner.
- How about pairing a toboggan ride with a stay at Camden Maine Stay Inn? Hit the Camden Snowbowl’s Toboggan run or ski trails, then head back to Camden Maine Stay for a cup of tea by the fire.
- Grab the snowshoes and take a winter hike in Pisgah Park, New Hampshire’s largest state park in West Chesterfield, then return to the Chesterfield Inn for a soak in your private whirlpool or soaking tub and a quiet candlelight dinner.
- How about combining wine and cheese with a winter hike and a stay at Grafton Inn? Stay at the Grafton Inn, then every Saturday, strap on your snowshoes and enjoy a guided tromp through the woods that concludes with wine and Grafton Village Cheese tastings at Grafton Trails & Outdoor Center. Check out more info on the Wine & Cheese hikes here.
- Take advantage of the living museum surrounding the Deerfield Inn. Visit restored colonial homes and then return to the inn, one of the oldest lodging establishments in New England, yet filled with plenty of modern amenities and Champney’s Restaurant
- Visit the eclectic shops in the village of Lenox, or take in one of the fabulous exhibits at nearby Mass MoCA, all within an easy drive of Gateways Inn & Restaurant. Return to the bar for a dram of your favorite single malt – the selection here is among the finest in New England.
Start planning your bucket list vacations for 2019 by exploring adventure paired with a stay at any of these fine and distinctive Inns.
In Connecticut: Inn at Harbor Hill Marina in Niantic