Over the moon with the arrival of your new bundle of joy? Who wouldn’t be? Yet, the innkeepers at Distinctive Inns of New England – many parents themselves – know that for many new parents the thought of the arrival of a baby can also be a bit overwhelming. Babymoons are a great way for couples to relax and rejuvenate, not to mention reconnect – before parenthood begins. And what better place than one of the 11 Distinctive Inns of New England (DINE) to enjoy that perfect romantic getaway.
We asked DINE innkeepers to comment on their babymoon ideas. “We host SO many babymoons,” said Leslie Mulcahy of the Rabbit Hill Inn. “Our biggest thrill is that some of our babymoon couples are those that have a sweet personal connection with Rabbit Hill Inn. In addition to the past getaway visits, they got engaged at Rabbit Hill Inn, honeymooned at Rabbit Hill Inn, then honor us to host them for their babymoon. It’s hard to describe the joy we experience as we share these milestone celebrations with our guests. We are part of their personal memory book, and they certainly are part of ours,” she shared.
While all DINE inns welcome soon-to-be parents, some of these New England inns and B&Bs have created special Babymoon packages. Let’s take a look at three babymoon packages offered by Distinctive Inns of New England properties.
And baby makes 3, or 4, or even more. For those needing a little R & R to celebrate your love one more time before getting ready for your new bundle of joy to arrive, the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina offers a 2-night babymoon package year round including:
- A $50 dining gift certificate to one of several local restaurants
- Two engraved “Inn at Harbor Hill Marina” champagne flutes as a memory of your time here
- A bottle of chilled sparkling cider and a special treat of chocolate truffles
- Discount coupons to nearby Westbrook and Clinton Premium Shopping Outlets
Package Add-on Price: $ 85.00 (in addition to room costs).
Captain’s House Inn Babymoons, Chatham, MA
No stranger to the need for babymoons, Jill Meyer, co-owner/innkeeper at Captain’s House Inn, and mother of five children knows exactly what mothers-to-be need. “We have many women comment that they have to now order a Snoogle – the pregnancy pillow we provide for their stay,” said Jill. “It was a godsend when I was pregnant and I wanted to share that level of comfort with women who might otherwise suffer for much of their pregnancy!” she finished. The Captain’s House Inn Babymoon varies by season, designed for two nights in the winter, or three nights in the spring and summer including:
- Two or three nights’ lodging in one of the beautifully appointed Four-Diamond guest rooms
- All applicable taxes
- A couples’ massage (including gratuity) at Sol Spa (prenatal massages are available for pregnant women)
- Chocolates in your room upon arrival
- Ice cream sundaes delivered to your room on request after dinner
- For pregnant women: a comfy, specially designed pregnancy pillow
- A copy of “Good Night Cape Cod” (a spin-off on the children’s classic, “Good Night Moon”) for baby
- A full gourmet breakfast each morning of your stay with room service optional
- Evening wine reception from 5pm to 6pm
- As always, the concierge staff is happy to help book dinner reservations and activities for you!
Two Night Winter Package Prices (valid October 14, 2018 – May 16, 2019) start at $750 per couple and vary by room choice. Spring and summer package pricing vary similarly. Click here for pricing.Rabbit Hill Inn customized babymoons, Lower Waterford, VT
The Rabbit Hill Inn has a number of packages that can be customized for the perfect Babymoons including prenatal massages, non-alcoholic champagnes and more. Hoping to create the perfect individualized package for each couple celebrating a babymoon, the Rabbit Hill Inn offers up a list of Babymoon options available for parents to be ranging from one or two night getaways to a Five Night Do Not Disturb package.
No matter where you choose to celebrate your babymoon, all of the Distinctive Inns of New England will welcome you. Don’t hesitate to ask for specific requests to make your babymoon memorable. When you make your reservations for your next DINE getaway, book direct for the best rates and dates.
In Connecticut: Inn at Harbor Hill Marina in Niantic