Ideas for Romantic Getaways in Massachusetts
Massachusetts is the only place in New England that offers a blend of all atmospheres from the busy and hectic town of Boston to the relaxing peninsula of Cape Cod. Bostonians prefer retreating to the green uplands and riverside homes you will find everywhere.
Choose any of these getaway packages and seize an ultimately romantic weekend in the heart of New England, perfect for honeymoons, celebrating a special occasion, or just spending some time reconnecting.
Harbor Light Inn
Romantic getaways are not just for weekends. Have more of the inn to yourselves when getting away from Sunday through Thursdays this winter.
- Fireplace room with four-poster or canopy bed
- Breakfast buffet afternoon coffee/tea/cookies
- $50 gift certificate for one of Marblehead’s best restaurants (5 Corners Kitchen) or your dining credit can be used in our Tavern.
One Night Package starts at $239/night; Two Night Package starts at $224/night.
**Available Sunday – Thursday, November through April. Does not apply to holidays**
Come see the sweet and simple way the folks of the Pioneer Valley lived during the 18th and 19th centuries in the romantic Deerfield Inn in Deerfield, Massachusetts. And while you are there, take advantage of this special offer:
KISS – Keep It Sweet & Simple – Add a KISS Special for $150 in addition to the cost of your room to include:
- a bottle of wine
- a box of chocolates
- a vase of seasonal flowers
- two eco-friendly and cozy Deerfield Inns robes to take home
Captain’s House Inn
This AAA Four-Diamond sea captain’s estate on two acres of Chatham, Massachusetts’ soil is the perfect choice for a peaceful retreat from everyday life. With four separate manors, a large swimming pool, pampering amenities, and an exceptional staff, the Captain’s House Inn offers you a lavishly serene vacation getaway.
Honeymoon Package – This package is the perfect opportunity to celebrate in luxury your first or twentieth honeymoon. During either your three-night winter stay or your four-night summer stay, start with a dozen roses, a bottle of champagne, a cheese and cracker platter, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Enjoy the full gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea served every day. Relish your mind and body in a couple’s Swedish, Deep Tissue, or Stone Therapy Massage at Sol Spa. Don’t forget to take home a courtesy gift basket with 2 Captain’s House Inn champagne flutes, 2 Captain’s House Inn mugs, a jam, and tea of your choice.
Two, Three, or Four Night Honeymoon Packages range from $725 to $2550.
Babymoon Package – Before you dive into the world of parenting, spend one last romantic weekend devoted to just you and your sweetheart before the big day. Upon arrival for your 2 or 4-night stay, find chocolates and a copy of “Good Night Cape Cod” (a spin-off on the children’s classic, Good Night Moon) for baby. Sedate yourself in a couple’s massage at Sol Spa (for pregnant women, prenatal massages are available). After dinner, your honey can relax in a comfy and specially designed pregnancy pillow while a tasty ice cream sundae is delivered to your door.
Pricing for two ranges from $695 for a two-night package to $1885 for a three-night package.
Engagement Package – You are about to ask the most important question in your life, but don’t worry…we’ve got you covered. Pop the question at one of the many romantic beaches, restaurants, or parks on the Cape, or right in the privacy of your romantic guestroom. Regardless of where you get down on your knee, return to the inn to a beautiful turn down service that is sure to seal the deal!
Our package is designed for two nights in the winter, three nights in the spring, or four nights in the summer and includes:
- Two, three, or four nights’ (depending on season) lodging in one of our beautifully appointed Four-Diamond guest rooms.
- All applicable taxes
- A couples’ massage at Sol Spa, including gratuity (choose from Swedish or Deep Tissue Massages)
- Special turn down on a night of your choice. Return from dinner to your candlelit room with a dozen roses, a bottle of bubbly, and chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Two Captain’s House Inn champagne flutes to take home
- A $75.00 dinner gift certificate to a restaurant of your choice
- A full gourmet breakfast each morning of your stay with room service optional
- Afternoon cream tea served daily from 3:00-5:00 pm with room service optional
- As always, our concierge staff is happy to help book dinner reservations and activities for you. If you have any special engagement ideas in mind, we are happy to help orchestrate them!
Pricing for two ranges from $795 for a two-night package to $2575 for a four-night package
TO BOOK ONLINE, SIMPLY INDICATE “ENGAGEMENT PACKAGE” IN THE SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FIELD OF OUR SECURE ONLINE BOOKING FORM
Elopement or Vow Renewal Package – This package subtracts all the stress of planning and arranging involved in the most precious moment for you and your fiancee. Here’s what The Captain’s House Inn will do for you on the big day:
- Two or three-nights’ lodging in a beautiful four-diamond guest room
- A bouquet for the bride and a boutonniere for the groom
- A small wedding cake
- A bottle of champagne or sparkling cider for the wedding toast
- A $75 dinner gift certificate to any restaurant of your choice
- Digital photography and a CD of your wedding day photos to take home
- Your officiant’s service fees
- A full gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea everyday with optional room service
Two and three-night package pricing available and ranges from $1200 to $2625.
In-Room Extra Packages – All of these small add-on packages are designed to enrich your stay and to make it as personalized as possible for an absolutely romantic getaway.
Romantic Package – $50 plus tax
A split of champagne displayed in a silver ice bucket complete with two champagne flutes on a silver tray, a plate of chocolate-dipped strawberries, and a cheese & fruit platter.
Cheese & Fruit Plate – $25 plus tax
This package is exactly as the title implies. Enjoy a selection of crackers, cheese and fresh fruit with whichever wine or other beverage you choose to bring with you.
Flower Arrangement – $40 plus tax for Small, $60 plus tax for Large
Arrangements will vary depending on the season.
Afternoon Tea – See below
Upon arrival; enjoy delicate sandwiches, savory pastries, traditional cream scones with fresh strawberries, and irresistible cookies and cake. Indulge in their popular complimentary “Cream Tea”.
In-house guests: $9.00/person, plus tax
Outside guests: $20.00 per person, plus tax